Re: Lotus Screen Cam

Subject: Re: Lotus Screen Cam
From: Susan Heathfield <s -dot- heathfield -at- tsc -dot- techsmith -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 17:40:49 -0400

John Prince asked:

" Is anyone using Lotus Screen Cam to make short software demos that can be
run from a WinHelp file? (demonstrating how to perform tasks in the
software) I looked into this product and MacroMedia Director, and Director
is much more complicated...

Dear Group:

I'm sorry I'm a few days behind in my email. I'd like to suggest John look into our products at TechSmith. We are the developers of SnagIt which many of you on the list use. We introduced the new version of our new product, Camtasia, on June 8. It does what John needs.

Camtasia is a screen camcorder and video production tool. The Camtasia suite of tools makes it easy to record, broadcast, edit and publish high fidelity, compressed videos of onscreen activity for computer based training, technical support solutions, product demonstrations, sales presentations and more. For those of you who looked at the product after we introduced it at Comdex, you will be interested to know the newest version has some new features.

For example, Camtasia 2.0 supplies Live Output which lets users send a live broadcast of desktop activity over the Internet, in real-time. You can use the Quick Capture function to enhance the quality of your movie, speed up the frame rate for the pointer, and thus make cursor movements less choppy on slower systems; and you can convert a Camtasia movie, with the Pack and Show feature, into an executable file which, because of improved compression, sends a smaller attachment through e-mail.

www.techsmith.com

Regards,

Susan

Susan Heathfield s -dot- heathfield -at- tsc -dot- techsmith -dot- com
Human Resources Guide: http://humanresources.about.com
Editor, ChangeMentor-subscribe -at- onelist -dot- com
Software tools for trainers: www.techsmith.com
Camtasia makes videos of desktop activities.
SnagIt provides multimedia screen capture.