Re: Job Description

Subject: Re: Job Description
From: "Michele Marques" <mmarques -at- cms400 -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 08:42:10 -0400

Shannon writes that she has no formal job description and is trying to
get a list of possibly relevant tasks to help formulate on.

Have you considered looking at the website (http://www.raycomm.com)
to see the job postings? That would give you a wide range. Also
browsing the resumes would show what people do.

I think you will find a wide range of job duties, because different
companies split the job duties among staff members differently. For
example, in my company the customer newsletter has always come out
of Technical Communications, but in some places that comes out of
Marketing. In smaller companies, you will likely find yourself with a
broader range of tasks, that may become more narrowly focused as the
company expands. And early on this range of tasks may be defined by
who can do what. For example, if you are a powerpoint wizard, you may
work on powerpoint slides for presentations.

Michele Marques
Lead Technical Communicator, CMS Manufacturing Systems
mmarques -at- cms400 -dot- com
905-477-4499 x280