Re: OT: IE 5 *required* for accessing a web site?!

Subject: Re: OT: IE 5 *required* for accessing a web site?!
From: Tracy Boyington <tracy_boyington -at- okcareertech -dot- org>
To: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 14:13:15 -0500

John Posada wrote:

> > I agree with you except for one word... I'd change "the ability of
> > FP" to "the
> > tendency of FP." Makes a difference (IMHO).
>
> Well, it IS an MS product. I'd expect that Netscapes Composer places
> priority on NS elements?

IMHO, neither of them should promote elements that only work in one browser,
while leading novice users to think everyone will see exactly what they're
seeing on their monitors (I know FP does this, I don't know about NC). But I
live in a fantasy land.

> I think that the fact it CAN place NS
> elements (i.e., Table format controls) is more to MS' credit. Does
> Composer have IE elements? (I don't know...I'm asking)

I don't know. Anyone else?

> > Tracy
> > who is, believe it or not, using FP to redo her site right now
>
> I THOUGHT I'd felt the disturbance in the Force. Another one to the
> Dark Side, huh?

:-D
Well, Bill Gates says he's my father, but I'm not sure I believe him.

Tracy
Tracy Boyington tracy_boyington -at- okcareertech -dot- org
Oklahoma Department of Career & Technology Education
Stillwater, OK http://www.okcareertech.org/cimc