two question, unrelated to each other

Subject: two question, unrelated to each other
From: Gil Yaker <gyaker -at- mci -dot- net>
To: Techwriter List <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 11:11:42 -0400

1. Is there any sort of Software Engineering for Dummies book/resource out
there?
I need a tome with just enough info for a techwriter to know how to
structure a paper on the engineering of a software product? I'm not
interested in the classic college text, whatever it may be.

2. MS Word - I use a brand name of a product quite often in my writing. It
begins with a lowercase letter (err. vBNS). When I enter 'vBNS' in the auto
correct feature of word, it usually fixes my capitalization when I'm typing
in a hurry. However, when this word comes at the beginning of a sentence,
Word has some crazy notion that all first words of sentences must be
capitalized. PItA, I tell you. How do you suppress this rule?

Gil Yaker tel:703/886.1816
Technical Writer fax:703/886.0048
WorldCom vBNS+ gyaker -at- mci -dot- net
/// very high-performance Backbone Network Service+ ///