RE: two question, unrelated to each other

Subject: RE: two question, unrelated to each other
From: "AJ Norman" <ajnorman -at- bigfoot -dot- com>
To: <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 10:19:43 -0700

<snip>
2. MS Word - I use a brand name of a product quite often in my writing. It
begins with a lowercase letter (err. vBNS). When I enter 'vBNS' in the auto
correct feature of word, it usually fixes my capitalization when I'm typing
in a hurry. However, when this word comes at the beginning of a sentence,
Word has some crazy notion that all first words of sentences must be
capitalized. PItA, I tell you. How do you suppress this rule?

Gil Yaker
<snip>

To remove the auto-capitalization of words at the beginning of a sentence in
Word go to Tools -> AutoCorrect and in the first tab, uncheck "Capitalize
first letter of sentences".

As for your first question, I don't know of a good book on Software
Engineering for Dummies. Anyone else?

Anita Norman
Student in Technical Communications