Re: Any more ideas on demonstrating the documentation process?

Subject: Re: Any more ideas on demonstrating the documentation process?
From: Renee Murphy <rmm -at- hncis -dot- com>
To: "'techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 07:57:18 -0700

When I attended a Manual Writing class a couple of years ago, we performed
an exercise with marshmallows and toothpicks. We were asked to create
something simple out of toothpicks, large white marshmallows, and small
colored marshmallows. Then we were asked to write a mini user's guide
(including procedural steps). It was fun and a lot harder than it looked.
Perhaps some abbreviated version of this might work for you.