Re: This list mirrors real life

Subject: Re: This list mirrors real life
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Bob Hooker <rlhooker -at- flashcom -dot- net>, "List, Techwriter" <TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 06:15:42 -0700 (PDT)

Bob...I was the one that posted the initial message.

1) It had nothing to do with you.
2) it was prompted by the appearance of an e-zine to which I
subscribe.
3) I picked Requirements document because it was a request that been
posted several weeks/months ago. It stuck out in my mind because I
was working on Req Docs and had done the research (no, I'd never seen
one before, either). I'd responded rather harshly with a similar
message as was directed by the e-zine because I'd used the internet
for successful research at the same time someone had posted the
request with obviously no research.
4) The fact that "there were a couple of requests along the sme lines
at about the same time" demonstrates that people are posting requests
with no previous search of the archives of this list alone, let alone
the ubiquitous internet.

--- Bob Hooker <rlhooker -at- flashcom -dot- net> wrote:
> As the one whose original post asking for information on
> requirements,
> specification, etc., documents may or may not have been involved in
> triggering this thread (I'll admit to being about as paranoid and
> thin-skinned as they come, and there were a couple of requests
> along the
> same lines at about the same time) I was rather surprised by the
> reaction it
> seems to have generated.

=====
John Posada
Technical Writer
mailto:john -at- tdandw -dot- com
732-259-2874

Only in America... do they have drive-up ATM machines
with Braille lettering

http://mail.yahoo.com/