Re: Any way to convert postscript to an editable format?

Subject: Re: Any way to convert postscript to an editable format?
From: Max Wyss <prodok -at- prodok -dot- ch>
To: rickk -at- slmd -dot- com
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 22:49:24 +0200

You could run the PostScript code through Acrobat Distiller to create a PDF
document. From here, you could either try getting the text out with
Copy/Paste, or one of the few tools for getting text out of the PDF (which
you could find in the PDFStore of PlanetPDF (http://www.planetpdf.com).

Hope this can help.

Max Wyss
PRODOK Engineering
Low Paper workflows, Smart documents, PDF forms
CH-8906 Bonstetten, Switzerland

Fax: +41 1 700 20 37
e-mail: mailto:prodok -at- prodok -dot- ch
http://www.prodok.ch

[ Building Bridges for Information ]

If this isn't the right group to ask this question, please point me to the
right group (off list).

We have some old postscript files that we would like to edit, but the
original Framemaker files they were created from were lost in a disk crash
some years ago. Is there anyway of converting a postscript file to some
format that is editable? Obviously, the least lost of formatting the
better, but even converstion to unformatted ASCII would be better than
nothing.