Re: A bit of clearing up on final reviews

Subject: Re: A bit of clearing up on final reviews
From: Jeff Hanvey <jewahe -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Sierra Godfrey <kittenbreath -at- hotbot -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 11:37:56 -0700 (PDT)

--- Sierra Godfrey <kittenbreath -at- hotbot -dot- com> wrote:
> But I keep sticking on what to do when the two
> engineers here say, like they did last time, that
> they want to see the pre-print version themselves to
> ensure it's okay?

I don't think it would hurt to let them see it once
more - especially after only one major revision.
Here's what I would do:

*Incorporate another review period - just a day or
two.
*Tell them this is as close to a pre-print version as
you can get.
*Make it clear that unless there are major CONTENT
revisions (not grammar or syntatic), this is the last
review.

Again, always make it clear that their comments are
taken merely as suggestions - and you get to determine
their importance.

=====
Jeff Hanvey
http://angelcities.com/members/jewahe

"There is fiction in the space between / The lines on your page of memories
Write it down but it doesn't mean / You're not just telling stories"
-Tracy Chapman, Telling Stories

http://invites.yahoo.com/