Internal transfer

Subject: Internal transfer
From: NZjaba -at- phi -dot- com
To: techwr-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 15:07:34 -0500

Listers, help!

I'm currently a writer in my co.'s manuals dept. An opportunity has come
up doing marketing tech writing for another division. After meeting with
that division's marketing head, I sent him my resume and spoke to my
supervisor, per co. policy.

Shortly thereafter, the marketing head started talking about a six-month
period in which I would split my time between the two jobs, so I could be
sure I liked the marketing writing, which would involve some travel. (I
don't do any traveling now.) I told him I understood what the job would be
like, and didn't think such an arrangement was necessary. But he continues
to push for it.

I feel like I've been put in a bad spot. My current boss already knows I'm
looking elsewhere. And suddenly this job offer is down to half-time,
presumably at my current pay rate.

Any thoughts on where to proceed? My boss's boss may nix the idea (and
most likely will). I feel like there's something going on in the
background at the other division, but am not sure what.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Nancy E. Zjaba, Technical Writer
Physical Electronics
6509 Flying Cloud Drive
Eden Prairie, MN 55344
USA
(952) 828-6386
nzjaba -at- phi -dot- com

Remember, I'm pulling for you. We're all in this together.
-- Red Green