Distributing manuals via the Internet

Subject: Distributing manuals via the Internet
From: NZjaba -at- phi -dot- com
To: techwr-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 12:19:19 -0500

Listers,

Been lurking for a while, and find this list very helpful.

Our manuals group is considering electronic distribution of manuals (both
current and obsolete, the latter for use by customer service engineers)
using the Internet. They would be in the form of pdf files. We would
probably use some form of password protection so that only our customers or
engineers had access.

Has anyone else tried this approach? What are the pitfalls, if any? Are
there other considerations to this method that might not be immediately
apparent?

Thanks for your help.

Nancy E. Zjaba, Technical Writer
Physical Electronics
6509 Flying Cloud Drive
Eden Prairie, MN 55344
USA
(952) 828-6386
nzjaba -at- phi -dot- com

Remember, I'm pulling for you. We're all in this together.
-- Red Green