I'm new...

Subject: I'm new...
From: "dgziegler" <dgziegler -at- email -dot- msn -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 13:28:55 -0400

...to the profession, but not to technical writing. I've been writing
user manuals since 1985 and, before that, for many years, I wrote
training manuals, instruction manuals, briefing and policy manuals,
and much other stuff.

I've been lurking here for about a month and have learned a lot,
thanks to the highly capable people who have been posting here.

Rather than starting off my participation with a question (one of many
I'd like to ask), I find that I may be able to answer a question.

In the past few days, there was some discussion about Word's not
allowing an un-numbered paragraph in a numbered series of paragraphs.

I don't know whether or not anyone posted an answer. If so, please
forgive this repetition.

Word does allow un-numbered paragraphs.

To insert an un-numbered paragraph in a numbered series of paragraphs,
hit Shift-Enter at the end of the paragraph the un-numbered paragraph
is to follow, and again to insert a blank line. At the end of the
un-numbered paragraph, use the Enter key to resume numbering.

David Ziegler