Re: Does anyone still use WordPerfect?

Subject: Re: Does anyone still use WordPerfect?
From: Mark Levinson <MarkL -at- gilian -dot- com>
To: 'TECHWR-L' <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 17:26:37 +0200

I've never understood why, since the invention of WYSIWYG,
anyone would want to reveal codes. In both Word and Frame,
even though I can't see codes, it seems pretty clear to me
what's italicized, what's indented, and what's underlined.
And if a paragraph is italicized, indented, and underlined,
I don't particularly care whether it got italicized
before getting underlined or underlined before getting
italicized.

So I must be missing something. What's the big advantage? Is it
the use of all kinds of codes in search-and-replace? In macros?
In version comparison? Or what?

- Mark L. Levinson - Gilian Technologies - markl -at- gilian -dot- com -
- tel +972-9-9560036 ext 215, fax +972-9-9565668 attn Mark L. -
- home: nosnivel -at- netvision -dot- net -dot- il, tel +972-9-9552411 or 9555720 -
-------------- * Only half of life is quantifiable * -------------