RE: Does anyone still use WordPerfect? -- Former WP Instructor

Subject: RE: Does anyone still use WordPerfect? -- Former WP Instructor
From: mariposa <mariposa625 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Mike Adams <Mike_Adams -at- summithq -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 14:35:17 -0700 (PDT)

To this day,
> WordPerfect's recent versions are superior to Word's
> in almost every facet,
> not just reveal codes.

I respectfully disagree. I used it at my last job for
three years. WP 9 was so buggy that they had to post a
humongous patch to clean everything up. we had all
kinds of problems with it.

it is counter-intuitive in many ways

the reveal codes are helpful and the headers and
footers are easier than in Word, but I would not say
they were easy. It takes some time to get used to the
way things change all throughout a document - going
forward. It's hard to explain so I won't here.

I did not like WordPerfect and Corel should be ashamed
of themselves for such a buggy version of WP 9. I
actually liked the earlier versions of WP better.

=====
When written in Chinese, the word 'crisis'
is composed of two characters ~
one represents danger...
and the other represents opportunity.

~ John F. Kennedy ~