Re: acrobat distiller and word

Subject: Re: acrobat distiller and word
From: Dan Emory <danemory -at- primenet -dot- com>
To: "Cayenne Woods" <cwoods -at- purplevoice -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2000 10:40:22 -0700

At 05:47 PM 10/6/00 +0100, Cayenne Woods wrote:

I have acrobat 4.0 installed, and using Word 97. After finding the Create PDF
option in Word didn't do anything, I researched and found something called
pdfmaker. This is supposed to enable me to have a table of contents and
dual-pane window when making a word doc into a pdf.

After installing pdfmaker, the Create PDF option in word now works - or tries
to. But I get an error message about distiller printer driver repair, which is
for version 3.0, then an error message about not finding the printer driver for
Distiller Assistant.

I can see a ppd, I can create pdfs with Distiller, but I can't use a table of
contents. Is there a different way to do this in 4.0? There is absolutely no
info on adobe's site that I have found. Maybe I should go back to 3.0!!
It sounds to me like you have Acrobat Reader 4.0, not Acrobat 4.0,
Reader provides no capability to produce PDFs. If you properly installed
the full Acrobat 4.0 suite, you should have Acrobat Distiller and the Adobe
postscript driver. Also, you should have the latest version, 4.0.3,
which fixes a number of problems in the original release.
| Nullius in Verba |
Dan Emory, Dan Emory & Associates
Voice/Fax: 949-722-8971 E-Mail: danemory -at- primenet -dot- com
10044 Adams Ave. #208, Huntington Beach, CA 92646
majordomo -at- omsys -dot- com with "subscribe framers" (no quotes) in the body.