Re: Interleaf -> Frame ???

Subject: Re: Interleaf -> Frame ???
From: Barry Kieffer <bkieffer -at- ims -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 09:02:16 -0700 (PDT)

Greetings Jane, et. al.,

As a technical writer who has successfully made the transition from Interleaf
5.x to FrameMaker 5.5.6 just this year, the transition is not that hard.
FrameMaker makes you work harder to do what Interleaf does simply - like
graphics, index, and TOC stuff - other than that the transition is easy.

On the other hand - If this is for a short term assignment - you really need
somebody who can step right in and be productive right away - No?

If you can afford the time for the writer to "come up to speed" on a new
application, and you do not mind that the writer is using you as a learning
experience, then you can both benefit from this exchange.

My two cents, adjusted for Portland's rainy weather...

-Barry (wet and cold) Kieffer

> Hi folks,
>
> We're considering hiring someone on a short-term contract. They have a good
> skill set, but tools-wise, they are experienced with Interleaf. We are a
> Frame shop. How big of a jump is this? I've not used Interleaf before.
>
> TIA,
> --
> Elizabeth Ross

Regards,