Re: FWD: Contracting on the side...ethical?

Subject: Re: FWD: Contracting on the side...ethical?
From: Barry Kieffer <bkieffer -at- ims -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 08:28:45 -0700 (PDT)

As long as the other company is not a competitor, there is no conflict of
interest, and you can provide both companies with the same good quality, there
is no unethical dilemma.

If in doubt, bring this issue up with your HR department and confirm that their
is no conflict of interest.

Just remember, working two jobs for two different bosses is going to be no
laughing party.

> From: <anonfwd -at- raycomm -dot- com>
> I am employed for a dot.com start-up company as a technical writer. I was
> approached by someone who works for another dot.com in my building, to see
> if I would be interested in contracting with them for technical writing
> work. Is it unethical to consider doing this?

Regards,

Barry Kieffer
Senior Technical Writer
IMS, Inc.