Word bloat?

Subject: Word bloat?
From: "Arbing, Susan" <Susan -dot- Arbing -at- Cyberplex -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 13:41:04 -0400

Hi,

I am not in the habit of using Word to produce long documents. However, my
current job requires me to do so. So I know I wouldn't have this problem
with Framemaker ;-).

Seeing as I am using Word, this is my scenario. I have created a 20 page
document that includes 4 or 5 Illustrator EPS files and approximately 25-30
tables. The longest tables are 10 rows. The format is not that extensive.
The header rows are shaded and with a perforated-style line border.

After the tables and EPS, my doc is about 24 MG and doesn't print very well.
It is extremely slow to print, sometimes taking 30 minutes.

My question: Is this normal?

Thanks
Susan Arbing
Technical Writer, Cyberplex, Halifax, NS