Re: Word bloat?

Subject: Re: Word bloat?
From: Andrew Plato <intrepid_es -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Techwrl-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 13:16:40 -0700 (PDT)

Word is not the problem. This behavior is normal if you use EPS files.

EPS graphics are vector-based which neither Word or Frame can handle very well.
Word has to store a binary of the graphic in the Word file and then load a
converter when it needs to print or display it. This eats up cycles and space.

Covert the EPS graphic to TIF, BMP or WMF (preferred) and then re-embed it in
the word doc. Ideally, use a graphics program like Paint Shop Pro or PhotoShop
to save off the file. Resize if necessary. Don't link to the image, embed it
in-line in the Word doc.

This should dramatically reduce the Word file size.

Andrew Plato

http://im.yahoo.com/