Re: the OTHER test

Subject: Re: the OTHER test
From: Mike Stockman <stockman -at- jagunet -dot- com>
To: <Brent -dot- Jones -at- Level3 -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 14:21:40 -0400

On 10/18/00 1:46 PM, Brent -dot- Jones -at- Level3 -dot- com (Brent -dot- Jones -at- Level3 -dot- com)
wrote:

>I've been
>in the field for 12 years, and had never been forced to consider the issue
>until a couple of years ago. Now I come across it rather frequently. I'm
>curious as to whether others have noticed this same trend and, if so, what
>their reaction to it are.

I just left contracting to be a wage slave, and have never (in over 10
years of contracting) been asked for a drug test. Of course, I had a
strong tendency to work for smaller companies and startups, not
megalithic companies with offices in all major cities plus the sea
bottom. Perhaps companies have to reach a critical mass of middle
management (with too much time to fill) before they require drug tests?

My reaction, of course, would depend on how close to automobile
repossession I was... in most circumstances short of that, I'd likely
decline the test.

----->Mike

AOL: MStockman mailto:stockman -at- jagunet -dot- com
AOL Instant Messenger: MStockman