RE: accuracy in packaging

Subject: RE: accuracy in packaging
From: jgarison -at- ide -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 08:17:53 -0400

What else do you DO with them, then? I refrain from jamming the thing up
against my eardrum, but I do want to get the H2O out of the inside of my
ears after a shower ... [OK, more info about me than you wanted to know, I'm
sure.]

<rant>
The warnings that get me are the ones that point out absolutely insane ideas
- such as the label on a lawnmower that tells you not to lift it up and use
it to cut hedges.

This ALL results from a society where people are looking for some "legal"
scam where they can get rich from a lawsuit that was caused by their own
innate stupidity. Instead of rewarding these people, we should be putting
their names and faces on billboards - Don't try this at home like John
Johnson of Plano TX did ...
</rant>

I'm glad I document software - I can only imagine the warning labels on
hardware devices:
Do not use while taking a shower or swimming
Warning - Heavy object, may cause drowning if carried in deep water
Must be used with external electricity source
Not responsible for transmission of virus data

The mind boggles ...

John