Container for portfolio?

Subject: Container for portfolio?
From: Ellen Bauerle <ebaue -at- advantagecs -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 09:10:53 -0400

David Dowling wrote:

>I'm guessing that most folks on this list know this, but I feel compelled
>say it for the newbies out there, because *I* had to learn it the hard way.
>Whatever you give your prospective employer to look at, make sure it's
>package nicely. I blew an internship by submitting a set of samples
stuffed
>into an envelope (although I suspect they already didn't like me).

People seem to be using standard brand artist's-style portfolios to
hold their stuff, is this correct? I've always wondered what to use: in my
experience years ago those portfolios were big and graceless (even the ones
with the smaller 11x17 trim size, say), and they seem socially awkward.
("Here's my portfolio for you to examine" <thump>)

Envelopes, see above. Plastic folder? Shades of Calvin and Hobbes.
Manila folder? Ewww. Discrete ring binder, maybe? Would make turning
pages easier than in a portfolio, and easier to load up I suppose.

Or is the personal web site that someone mentioned the norm, these
days?

Ellen Bauerle