RoboHTML filename problem

Subject: RoboHTML filename problem
From: Ellen Bauerle <ebaue -at- advantagecs -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 17:24:02 -0500

I've imported a project into RHtml 9 and all is well, with one
exception. Some topic titles include punctuation, such as curly brackets,
question marks, and quotation marks, and these are treated by RH as broken
links. I'm working on restoring the broken links, but I'm wondering how I
should have avoided this. Filenames in our doco will continue to have
punctuation in them, so I need to find a long-term solution.

It seems to be the case that if the filenames are long, RH either
wants them in the format unnecessarilylongfilename.htm or
unnecessarily_long_filename.htm (I did find the command for converting white
spaces to underscores).

Only stuff I can find in eHelp's RH knowledgebase has to do with
illegal filenames (like "Notepad.hlp"); their interface for their "online
help community" is broken at the moment so I can't post there. Nothing on
HATT at egroups; nothing in techwrl archive that I can find. Am trying to
sub to robolist but Majordomo reports no such list at slctnet.com; is it
dead?

Thanks a jillion--

Ellen Bauerle