Re: Are we just secretaries?

Subject: Re: Are we just secretaries?
From: Dan Emory <danemory -at- primenet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 08:35:49 -0700

Yes!! Everyone on this list is ready at the drop of a hat to cite
non-existent civil rights (e.g., the right not to be required
to take a drug-test when applying for a job), but no
one stands up for the first amendment, which
defends the individual's right to speak his/her mind without
fear of retaliation, even if what the speaker says does
not conform to the current thinking of the dictatorship of the
politically correct elitists.

Up with free speech.

Up those who enforce politically correct speech.
=======================================
At 10:33 AM 10/27/00 -0500, Tracy Boyington wrote:

It's difficult to understand because it is an opinion based on neither logic nor law. First, the post gave absolutely no indicatation that the writer was treated badly *because* she was a woman (and I notice the evil manager was also a woman). Second, it is perfectly legal to say mean things to people, even the people who work for you (bad management, as it is not likely to result in either good work *or* good karma, but still legal). We can't go around crying "civil rights violation" whenever someone says something we don't like. If we could, several people on this list would be in the pen right now. ;-)

| Nullius in Verba |
Dan Emory, Dan Emory & Associates
Voice/Fax: 949-722-8971 E-Mail: danemory -at- primenet -dot- com
10044 Adams Ave. #208, Huntington Beach, CA 92646
majordomo -at- omsys -dot- com with "subscribe framers" (no quotes) in the body.

Your web site localized into 32 languages? Maybe not now, but sooner than you think. Download ForeignExchange's FREE paper, "3 steps to successful translation management" at http://www.fxtrans.com/3steps.html?tw.