customized manual printing

Subject: customized manual printing
From: karen_otto -at- agilent -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 08:41:35 -0700

Hi all,
I'd like to allow my customers to choose a set of documents from our web and
print them, preferably in one batch.
In specific, we have several program examples from which the customer can
choose. They definitely don't want them all. They have several parameters to
decide on:
- one of five technologies
- one or more programming languages
- one of two types of examples

I thought about providing them with a series of dropdown menus (one per
parameter) from which they choose the documents. Easy enough to put on a web
page. But I don't know if it's possible to send all of these to a common
batch print command.

After a web search, I found this example site, which does everything but the
print portion: http://www.promega.com/tbscustom/tmd006c/ They print to the
display instead.

I'd appreciate your comments on this idea in general, and any
advice/criticism/pitfalls you might think of. And, does anyone know how to
do a batch print off a web page?