RE: Wizards

Subject: RE: Wizards
From: David Arran <darran -at- aatech -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 10:20:55 -0500

I just received this information from Online Learning Connection, hope it
helps.

>Creating wizards usually means custom programming
>-- which in turn means gaining the cooperation of
>application-development teams or combing through source
>code yourself.

>At least one software tool has emerged, however, that
>claims to require no programming in order to create
>wizards.

>GuruWizard from Guru Inc. ( http://www.guruinc.com )
>of Herndon, Va., won a Bill Communications'
>Extraordinary Product Award in September at the OnLine
>Learning 2000 Conference & Expo in Denver.

>Wizards -- intelligent agents that guide computer
>users through software -- perform complex tasks using
>one or more underlying software applications
>("Wizard-design tools," Oct. 26).

David J. Arran
Corporate Trainer
Kaba Benzing America (formerly AAT, Inc.)
305-819-4000 ext. 357
darran -at- aatech -dot- com
"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no
account be allowed to do the job." - The Restaurant at the End of the
Universe, by Douglas Adams