doc publishing--frame

Subject: doc publishing--frame
From: Brent -dot- Jones -at- Level3 -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 14:25:23 -0700

hello, all,

I've used Frame extensively, but not recently. I know that a limited version
of WebWorks Publisher now ships with the latest version of Frame, and I'm
wondering if the following is possible with the latest Frame in conjunction
with the bundled version of Publisher:

I want to create a set of Frame files that have a variety of links between
them, publish them as both a set of HTML and PDF files, and have the links
between the various files correctly and automatically translate into the
destination files.

In other words, I want to create a set of reference and procedure documents
in Frame that has extensive links between individual files within the set,
and publish this set to our intranet website (HTML) and to a shared
directory (PDF). If I have to publish the whole set every time I update one
of the constituent files, that's fine. If the file structure of the HTML and
PDF directories need to mirror the structure of the original Frame
directory, that's fine as well.

I'm essentially seeing if I can do this on a budget w/ just Frame and the
bundled Publisher, without having to get a big, expensive KM package like
xpedio. The intranet I'm setting up will be fairly small and focused, and
xpedio would be overkill, but I want to automate the publishing process as
much as possible.

Advice, input, etc. appreciated.

thanks!
brent--
Brent Jones
brent -dot- jones -at- level3 -dot- com
"In the Kingdom of Boredom, I wear the royal sweatpants."
--Mark Leyner, _My Cousin My Gastroenterologist_

http://www.SolutionsEvents.com or 800-448-4230