Re: Framemaker Printing Problem

Subject: Re: Framemaker Printing Problem
From: Dannette Thompson <dthomps -at- foundationsoft -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 13:13:47 -0500

Hello all,
A few days ago I posted a message regarding a problem I was having with
printing from Framemaker where pages and pages were coming out with nothing
except one tiny little square of text on them.

After A LOT of hassle and testing -- and talking to a couple of really
helpful support reps at Adobe -- I think I've resolved that issue. (Of
course, new ones are arising ... but that just assures me that I'll always
have a job.)

Anyway ... a word of warning. Adobe informed me that Framemaker 5.5 running
on Windows NT 4.0 has problems with graphics imported through OLE or as .WMF
files. Basically, it can cause document corruption and printing problems. To
resolve it, I had to delete every anchored frame in the document, replace
the frame and re-import all my graphics in a format other than .WMF.

I know not too many people use .WMFs, and I argued against it from the
beginning because of file size. But this is just one more good reason to
avoid them, I guess!

Thanks,
Dannette

http://www.SolutionsEvents.com or 800-448-4230