OT: breakthrough benefits and perks

Subject: OT: breakthrough benefits and perks
From: Bill Swallow <bill_swallow -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 10:49:52 -0800 (PST)

--- karen_otto -at- agilent -dot- com wrote:
> Now that we've seen how common these benefits are,
> it would be neat to hear
> about ideas for UNCOMMON benefits that could be real
> breakthroughs in
> company loyalty.

an office with a door (and perhaps a lock) for every
employee

overtime pay for SALARIED employees (even if it's just
the standard pay rate pro-rates to the nearest 15
minutes)

choice of office furniture and workdesk

choice of computer and peripherals

corporate charge card (only got one of these once, and
it was definitely handy) None of this 'pay it yourself
and we'll reimburse you" crap - that adds up when you
go to conferences and such.

4 day work week (I'd much rather work 10 hours a day
for 4 days a week)

and as long as we're daydreaming...

free car
free house
free vacation home in a region of your choice
free boat or other recreational vehicle (for the
vacation home, of course)
ok... time to stop... I could go on forever at this
rate *g*

=====
Bill Swallow
Technical Writer