Re: question about "atmospheric" benefits

Subject: Re: question about "atmospheric" benefits
From: "Nutting, John" <JNutting -at- taylor-hobson -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 08:49:19 -0000

Dear Techies,

Just to add my two pence, cents, pfennigs, and other currency denominations
to this thread. I recently worked for a software house located in a
Victorian manor house in beautiful countryside in rural England. The
working conditions were good smallish offices with views over the gardens.
The training on the products was excellent, the pc equipment and software
was of a reasonable spec, the people were friendly and helpful. But the
management sucked, the salary they paid was not enough to put up with their
prison style regime, business suits were the order of the day, timekeeping
monitored and jumped upon for being one minute late or leaving one minute
early, no free drinks and the work was boring beyond belief. Give me 5000 a
year more though and I would have endured it, no sweat, perhaps even enjoyed
it! You can at the end of the day put all of your added benefits in the
bottom drawer, when the man comes knocking at the end of the month for the
Mortgage payment or the phone bill, its what is in the pay packet what
counts, he don't give a running jump for free coffee or free meals. From my
standpoint, we work to live not live to work!

As for my current job, there are no fringe benefits, but the money is good
and I am valued as an adult not as a school kid and I am happy!

John

DISCLAIMER: This Email may contain information which is legally privileged
and/or commercially sensitive. If you have received this Email in error
please contact us immediately.

http://www.SolutionsEvents.com or 800-448-4230