Re: Writer Attitudes

Subject: Re: Writer Attitudes
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 16:31:23 -0500

jgarison -at- ide -dot- com wrote:

> I would eliminate #3 (Superstar, difficult). We have had the opportunity to
> hire such people in the past, and passed on them. No matter how brilliant or
> talented someone is, if they come in and cause headaches for everyone else,
> it's not worth it. I would much rather hire someone who has the right
> attitude and works well with others.

In my experience, the people who have some major accomplishments
behind them are usually the easiest to deal with. They're
secure, and, anyway, they tend to be task-oriented rather than
ego-oriented.

It's the people who are motivated by insecurity and fear of
inadequacy who are rude or who insist on proper respect being
paid to them. That's true not only of writers, but of anybody in
any field.

--
Bruce Byfield, Outlaw Communications
bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com | 604.421.7189

http://www.SolutionsEvents.com or 800-448-4230