Re: !RE: ADMIN: FYI

Subject: Re: !RE: ADMIN: FYI
From: Mike Stockman <stockman -at- jagunet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2000 19:10:08 -0500

On 11/17/00 10:04 PM, David Demyan (dbdemyan -at- worldnet -dot- att -dot- net) wrote:

>I wonder where Mike got the idea my clients ask me to send them a
>"writer who may suck?"
>
>My point is, none of my clients would want to hire someone who writes
>flaming material. If that's a sample of their professional writing
>ability (and I, as a recruiter, have a right to consider it such),
>then my clients will likely have no need for them.

Perhaps I was unclear in my original posting. Of course your clients
never ask you to send them writers who suck. I was trying to make a point
(that you somehow missed), which is that if you decide not to send
writers to clients solely based on whether they seem abrasive or flaming
to you on a mailing list, you're shortchanging your clients.

The part you avoided quoting from my original post is that you're
probably keeping very talented people from your clients by omitting the
ones who post messages that you personally find distasteful. Posts to
this list, I'm sure we can all agree, in no way indicate their *talents*
as technical writers.

I'm a little surprised I had to spell that out for you, but since you
missed it (or chose to miss it?) the first time, I'm happy to help.

----->Mike

stockman -at- jagunet -dot- com -- AOL and AOL Instant Messenger:MStockman

http://www.SolutionsEvents.com or 800-448-4230