RE: "Snag It"

Subject: RE: "Snag It"
From: Sharon Deitch <sharon -at- sintecmedia -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 08:53:47 +0200

Funny, we just had this discussion on a local tech writer's list I belong
to. I do not have any affiliation with TechSmith, but I really love SnagIt.
For one thing, it's easy to use, and I've never had it crash on me.

My favorite part of SnagIt is that, using the Preview Window, I can get my
capture, save it or print it (or both), and close the window, all in a
matter of seconds. No muss, no fuss, and no pasting the image somewhere
else first.

I like to print out captures of the screens I'm documenting, which saves me
switching windows constantly while working. Additionally, it's helpful
when discussing things with SMEs to have a printout of the screen.

I also use SnagIt to print the contents of windows that do not have a print
feature, like My Computer windows (for a list of the contents of a folder),
or Help About screens (for product ID and software license numbers).

In my opinion, screen capture utilities (any of them) are the sort of thing
that before you have it, you can't imagine why you'd need it, and once you
have it, you can't remember how you got along without it.

Shalom from Jerusalem,
Sharon

Sharon Deitch
Technical Writer
SintecMedia
sharon -at- sintecmedia -dot- com

"Time's fun when you're having flies." -- Kermit the Frog

http://www.SolutionsEvents.com or 800-448-4230