Re: How can I use MS sans serif in Word?

Subject: Re: How can I use MS sans serif in Word?
From: Jacque Foreman <foremangraphics -at- juno -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 05:55:43 -0800

Yaacov -

My guess is that you want to use MS sans serif in a document.

The first thing that you need is to have the font installed. The next is
that MS Word97 must recognize it as an available font. It could be that
Word97 only recognizes it as what is called a "machine font," which means
that it is available only for use in such things as dialogue boxes by the
program and "not" available for use as a regular font. Quark has a font
like this called "Marlett." Q will not run without it, but you can't use
it.

My next guess is that MS sans serif is a TrueType font. And, if you are
using Adobe's type manager in an old version. ATM does not recognize
TrueType fonts.

If MS san serif is a font available for purchase, a good place to start
looking for it would be:

www.eyewire.com

Hope this helps

Happiness, joy & laughter

Jacque - Graphic Designer / Typesetter - Excellence by Design
since 1972 - Pen & Ink Renderings of homes & Bldgs. & portraits from
photos, Brochures, Ads, Flyers, Packaging, Business Forms, Manuscripts,
etc. - Amway Dealer - email: foremangraphics -at- juno -dot- com
Rendering Samples: http://www.abacus-es.com/foreman

http://www.SolutionsEvents.com or 800-448-4230