Re: search engines

Subject: Re: search engines
From: Bill Swallow <bill_swallow -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 08:08:58 -0800 (PST)

--- "Moscrip, Dianne" <Dmoscrip -at- wcb -dot- bc -dot- ca> wrote:
> One of my clients wants their site to come up first
> when anyone searches for
> an item they carry. I thought you could do this
> through meta tagging. Is
> there another more effective method of setting this
> up?

Meta tags are only part of the equation. By no means
are they the golden ticket to page views. You also
have to consider your page title, body text, hidden
commented text, and category registration within the
search engine. Some engines also take into account
location, market, organization type, and other factors.

=====
Bill Swallow
Technical Writer
PowerAdz.com