Re: conference fees

Subject: Re: conference fees
From: Michele Davis <michele -at- krautgrrl -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 15:30:00 -0600

You're joking, right? No, we didn't get reimbursed for handouts. One of the
speakers in my group #2 made overheads "just in case" the computer didn't work.
She spent an exorbitant amount on slides and wanted money from each of us to
reimburse her. I had already paid $2500 for the conference, rooms, plane fare, +
3 days of non-billable time, and the slides weren't that good. It left me in a
pissy mood.

I won't do the conference again because 1) for my money I saw none of the
sessions, they were too remedial, 2) speaking was terrible with group 2 because
there was no synergy between us, and 3) I'd rather spend $2500 to go to Italy on
a hiking holiday

Michele