Re: Establishing "street cred" in FrameMaker

Subject: Re: Establishing "street cred" in FrameMaker
From: "Jane Bergen" <jane -dot- bergen -at- usa -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 14:19:42 -0600

Bill,

Your question is probably applicable to many of us who want to learn a new
skill, whether it's using FrameMaker or developing a web page or anything
else. One thing I'd suggest is to find a small, but "real" project and
volunteer your services with the stipulation that you can use the project
in your portfolio. For example, find a shareware or freeware software
application that needs some documentation (either online help if you want
to learn RoboHelp, or printed user guide if you want to learn FrameMaker),
then write to the developer and ASK....all they can do is say no, but most
of the time they'll say okay.

Just a thought...