RE: Word document template creation

Subject: RE: Word document template creation
From: "DeGuzman, Kathi" <Kathi -dot- Deguzman -at- Nextel -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 11:35:49 -0500

Jane asked....

And lastly, a question about the styles that Word (and that
blessed-but-damned Word PDFMaker add-in) automates and sticks into your
documents whenever you build a TOC or a PDF: is there any way in the world
to limit the damage they do to your styles? My users will either be upset at
me or at the complexity, or they will start actually USING those styles and
the requirements docs could get ugly....

I reply...

I don't have alot of time right now to address the rest of your post,
however to work with TOCs without styles just Click the TOC Options button,
Uncheck the Use Styles checkbox, and you are all set. Good luck.

Kathi Jan DeGuzman
Senior Technical Writer
Kathi -dot- Deguzman -at- nextel -dot- com <mailto:Kathi -dot- Deguzman -at- nextel -dot- com>
When I hear somebody sigh that "Life is hard," I am always tempted to ask,
"Compared to what?" ~ Sidney J. Harris
<http://www.cybernation.com/victory/quotations/authors/quotes_harris_sidneyj
.html>