Word 97 style questions

Subject: Word 97 style questions
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Sean -at- Quodata -dot- Com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 10:28:23 -0500

Sorry to bother you on a tool-specific issue. Please answer off-list.

Q1. In word 97, I want to rename a bunch of styles. I use
Format|Style|Organizer|Rename, to rename highlighted styles. However, this
is not working.

For example, I want to rename "List 2" to "Numbered Next" So, using the
Rename button, I delete "List 2" and type "Numbered Next." Unfortunately,
what I end up with is a style called "List 2,Numbered Next." How can I
rename these styles?

Q2. The document in question has a bunch of styles called "Heading n," where
n is a number 1-9. Certainly, my document does not have nine levels of
headings (that would be a complex document indeed!). How can I remove all
"Heading n" styles? I want to remove them all because I plan to replace them
with styles named "Head n."

Q3. Positioning more than one graphic per page by floating gets hairy when
the graphic approaches the top of bottom of a page. There seems to be a
force-field in place that bounces the graphic all over creation.
Fortunately, I locked the anchors on my graphics. How can I place graphics
with certainty first time, and, as I add text, how do I prevent the graphics
(which move with the text) from getting bounced out of position as they
approach the top or bottom of a page. This is causing me a tonne of rework.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Cheers,

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com