Re: Real Quandary

Subject: Re: Real Quandary
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 11:19:33 -0800

"Cecilia St.John" wrote:

> Do I use other agencies to help me find another job? Wait six months? Sneak
> around on my own? Talk to my boss's boss? Talk to Human Resources?

If the agency has been useful to you, why endanger that relation?
Honesty may not always give the best short term advantages, but it
does remove stress from your life.

Tell the agency why you're not satisfied, and that you are thinking
of moving on. If you look around on your own, tell the agency that
you are doing so. If you go to other agencies, be upfront about
that, too. Just be careful that more than one agency doesn't sponsor
you for the same job, and that no agency sponsors you for a job that
you've applied for yourself.

--
Bruce Byfield, Outlaw Communications
Contributing Editor, Maximum Linux

"Last and most important question: Did Valerie have time to do the
chocolate coating?"
- S. Morgenstern, "Buttercup's Baby"