RE: Real Quandary

Subject: RE: Real Quandary
From: Dan Hall <Dan -at- cooper -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 09:03:08 -0800

Cecilia St.John writes:

>1. Got the increase in salary I wanted when I started my present job.
>2. Enjoy the work most of the time.

Then goes on to say :
>5. Unsure about making a move because of the incompetence of my colleagues.
>Hate saying they're incompetent, but I'm in a quandary and my motive is to
>figure out the best solution.

Hi Cecilia:

I'm not clear on why you want to leave. You have an increased salary and a
job you (mostly) enjoy. Are the other employees causing problems? Is their
incompetence effecting your performance? What other factors are motivating
you to move on? If you can, take up theses issues with your boss, and see if
they can be resolved before you do anything hasty.

If you are inclined to move on to a new position, you'll need to have all
this figured out before you go interviewing. "I left my last job after three
weeks, because ... my co-workers were incompetent" may not fly, unless you
have specifics.

HTH
Dan
dan -at- cooper -dot- com

All opinions in this e-mail are solely mine, and
Cooper Interaction Design disavows all knowledge
of and responsibility for them.