Teachers turned tech writers?

Subject: Teachers turned tech writers?
From: "Hart, Geoff" <Geoff-H -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 11:33:12 -0500

Luanne Holder describes some of the reasons why she changed careers: <<I
used to be a teacher and so many of my friends wonder - especially during
the summer months - why I left it to do tech writing.>>

It's not necessarily an either/or situation. In techwhirling, you're still a
teacher--even though you don't get to actually interact with your students,
since the manuals and online help we produce take our place in that
particular dialogue. And, of course, if you're like me, you use techwr-l and
other lists as the cure for your itch to teach. <g>

geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca

"I vowed [that] if I complained about things more than three times, I had to
do something about it."--Jon Shear