RE: Corel Ventura .mif export?

Subject: RE: Corel Ventura .mif export?
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Sean -at- Quodata -dot- Com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 12:48:34 -0500

David:

MIF is a FrameMaker ASCII file format (Maker Interchange Format). I cannot
check until I get home (where Ventura 8 is), but I really don't think
Ventura can create MIF files. If Ventura could create MIF files, there would
be no import needed in FrameMaker. You need only open the MIF file using
FrameMaker. FrameMaker uses all the features in MIF that it supports and
disregards the rest. For example, If you save a FrameMaker 6 file as MIF and
open the MIF in FrameMaker 5, the MIF opens fine, formatting and styles
intact, but any FrameMaker 6-specific features are ignored and not available
or presented in FrameMaker 5.

Cheers,

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com

Sponsored by an
anonymous satisfied subscriber since 1994.