Any ForeHelp users in the list

Subject: Any ForeHelp users in the list
From: Brian Martin <martin -at- sodalia -dot- it>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 09:22:07 +0100

I also found that the ForeHelp learning curve was easy. I also think
ForeHelp is user friendly in a way that technical writers like: Lots of
control, but also plenty of automated things that work nicely.

I agree with the previous comments. Importing HTML is easy. Importing
from Word files will be less friendly. You can cut and paste directly,
but it's messy and requires advanced experience in my opinion. If you do
decide to do got that route turn on text symbols, find the little #
marks, and remove them. They contain the icky character format strings
that you're sure to want to get rid of.

If you convert your docs to HTML, you'll find that word makes VERY messy
HTML code. So even that isn't a simple solution in terms of formatting.
I guess it depends on the results you want.

I found ForeHelp Premier to be practically bug free for the JavaHelp
files I produced.

Good luck and let me know if you have any more questions

Brian