RE: Cursors! Foiled again.

Subject: RE: Cursors! Foiled again.
From: Melanie Shook <mshook -at- com2001 -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 10:36:34 -0600

Christine Anameier wrote:
<<...my #1 reason for fussing with screen captures is to crop them>>

If you have to work with screen captures created by someone else, then there
are numerous reasons to "fuss" with them, as Christine pointed out.

In addition, sometimes I have to make a cosmetic change to match the GUI if
I want the screenshot in the manual/help to match what will be in the final
build. (No time to grab another screen between the build and going to print
- help is compiled prior to final build.) For that, I love Photoshop.

On the other hand, a screen capture program eliminates the need for
"fussing" when capturing your own screens - SnagIt can capture parts of
screens, you can use the SnagIt studio to add call outs, etc. -- (I'm sure
other programs can do the same, SnagIt is simply the one I use).

The product I document has a toolbar and I frequently need shots of just one
button. With alt-prtscrn I'm stuck with the whole toolbar and have to use
another program to crop out the individual buttons. The screen capture
program allows me to capture each button individually.

Melanie Shook