RE: Cursors! Foiled again.

Subject: RE: Cursors! Foiled again.
From: Melanie Shook <mshook -at- com2001 -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 11:30:42 -0600

Christine Anameier wrote:
<<I used screen capture software that could grab just a button or a
toolbar or what-have-you, but I still found it quicker to dump the whole
window into Photoshop and crop it than to memorize a half-dozen different
hotkeys for the capture program's various options.>>

I use only one hotkey for SnagIt - I use the default but you can change it
if desired. I don't find it imprecise at all - it provides these nifty
little color-changing guides that make it easy to see when I've got the
portion I want. Maybe it's been a while since Christine tried a capture
program? If you're happy with your current workflow, then great, but others
might want to check out the newer versions of SnagIt, FullShot, Hypersnap,
etc, before deciding for or against a screen capture program.

Melanie