Re: Webworks Publisher v. HTML Transit: do you swing both ways?

Subject: Re: Webworks Publisher v. HTML Transit: do you swing both ways?
From: "Turner, Will" <Will_Turner -at- Bayptin -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 09:25:36 -0800

Hedley,

I used HTML Transit about 4 years ago, so I'm sure it is so much improved
that my comments are probably nearly useless. What may be worth commenting
on is the HTML Transit mode of operation if it still uses a template model.
In HTML Transit, I mapped my Microsoft Word formatting to HTML formatting
and clicked a Convert button, inspected the resulting content, and either
tweaked the result in another HTML editor or edited the HTML Transit
template and clicked the Convert button again. Once I got the template set
up, that was great for batch converting a pile of legacy docs that had been
created using fairly rigorously followed design rules.

I use RoboHelp now, which gives me much more design control than HTML
Transit.

--Will