Using Framemaker files with Robohelp

Subject: Using Framemaker files with Robohelp
From: "Cathy De Rubeis" <de_rubeis -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 17:24:20 -0000

I am evaluating the best method for using Framemaker files in Robohelp. At the Robohelp site, they propose three different methods for converting Framemaker files in a RoboHelp project. These methods include using Framemaker's conversion tools, using Webworks standard edition and using Robohelp classic.

From the information I gathered from the archive, I would assume the
Webworks standard edition is the best method. What has your experience
been?

Also, could someone explain how using WebWorks Publisher Professional allows one to create online help from Framemaker files with "the touch of a button." I searched the archives and couldn't find any explanation. As well, the Quadralay staff are somewhat slow in responding to queries about their product (it's been two weeks).

Thanks,
Cathy

Sponsored by DigiPub Solutions Corp, producers of PDF 2001 Conference East, June 4-5, Baltimore/Washington D.C. area.