Re: Web-based application naming conventions

Subject: Re: Web-based application naming conventions
From: "Maggie Secara" <maggiros -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 20:47:31 -0800

How about:

For a complete list of available services, see Service Definitions (the term set up as a link to that web page).

OR

Click here for a complete list of service definitions. <link>

OR BETTER

An "Other Services" button at the bottom of the paragraph. This does not require an introductory statement.

Remember, online help is not a paper manual. You don't have to preserve the language as if it were.

Just my tuppence ha'penny,

Maggie Secara

From: BobbieEgbe -at- aol -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 14:41:22 EST

Claire Philpott asks:

>>To what do I refer for a web based application?
>>"Services are defined in the Services Definition page."
>>or
>>"Services are defined in the Services Definition screen."

I would say, Services are defined in the Services Definition section. That
covers just about every situation, and is accurate.

Bobbie Egbert

Sponsored by DigiPub Solutions Corp, producers of PDF 2001 Conference East, June 4-5, Baltimore/Washington D.C. area.