RE: Agency warning signs

Subject: RE: Agency warning signs
From: Ken Wasden <KWasden -at- Qstrategies -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 08:01:30 -0800

I recently signed up with MODIS IT in the Denver area as a
"consultant/contractor." I receive a base salary and benefits, while at the
same time working various contracts around town. In some ways, I suppose
it's the best of both worlds - benefits, salary, and all the tax stuff taken
care of, while I still get a change of scenery a few times a year.

My question... can anyone out there offer some feedback on their
experience(s) with MODIS? One thing I'm concerned about... I'm told that my
salary won't fluctuate everytime I begin a new contract - I'll still receive
the same base salary. However, if a job comes in at a much higher rate,
then there may likely be some kind of change.

This agency has seemed very upfront, kind, no fees or apparent secret
practices.... But I'm curious about the salary/contract thing? Any advice
to something like this?

You can reply directly.

Ken Wasden